Dr Peter White's Blog

Thoughts and comments from Dr Peter White -- political, philosophical, spiritual, musical and more

My Photo
Name:
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

I am retired from the Uni. of Queensland, and have numerous interests inside and outside of the uni. I play classical, bluegrass, country and folk guitar (hows that for a mix?) I am a member of the Australian Labor Party and am currently branch secretary of the Mt Coot-tha branch. I'm also involved in developing virtual reality builds and websites. Never bored!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007!

January 1, 2007. The start of a new year for us in the West, at least. One of my New Year's resolutions (another quaint Western custom oft honoured more in the breech than the promise), is to write more entries in this blog. Generally I write only when something triggers me off, which is generally some sort of political decision that I don't agree with at all. I hope that this year I can continue to do that, but also to write some more positive stuff.

To start the latter at least, I wish Kevin Rudd and his colleagues in the Labor Party the best of 2007 and may they well and truly get their act together to take government this year.

And my thanks and continued support to the ACTU and the NTEU for their stalwart support of workers in this 'enlightened' era of neo-con industrial deform.

And I hope and wish that my colleagues at work realise that they are working themselves to death for no apparent reason... Remember folks, the system cares not a whit and besides we're getting all too old to fret the pathology of workaholism.

And may the music continue! I hope that Quanto, my classical guitar duo, will finish its Elizabethan music CD, and the Brown Grass Boys go from strength to strength with an aim of playing at Woodford next year. (something to shoot for, guys).

I want to do more creative writing. Songs, poetry, and more work on my autobiography.

On a broader scale, I hope that the American people realise they've been sold down the river by an unholy coalition of the greedy and the seedy; may the number of red states dwindle considerably! This of course, implies that the other side of their politics also gets its act together and puts up good candidates.

And may my faith community of St Marys in South Brisbane continue to grow and prosper, and may the music continue to grow and improve -- thanks Wendy :-)

Enough for now.

PB White

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home